Monday, February 23, 2009

Making the cut!

Well, if you caught the show last night on Mnet, and you're rooting for me, then maybe you felt a fraction of the nerves I was feeling while we stood helplessly waiting to find out which one of the last three on stage was the second person to be sent home.

It was a strange feeling when they announced it would be Thuba - a strange mix of relief, happiness and sadness as it dawned on me that we would have to say cheers to our man, the late night singer of the Idols house. Thuba man, we will miss you, and I reckon our paths will cross some time in the future. You are young man, believe me, and you will go places. I look forward to checking you in the future and where you will be. Good luck.

And then, the happiness and relief - phew, what can I say? It feels good. I have another crack now! Shucks, I'm going to have to do something special this weekend - and it all starts with making peace with the song that has been selected for me: but you'll have to wait and see what that is. Let's jst say this, there is potential to do something a little different here. Hope the world likes it...

So what? What's this all about? Well, I've decided to get a little intimate with the world - to tell some of my stories to South Africa... to share this amazing experience and how it makes me feel, what it makes me think...

This is Jason's corner... thanks for taking the time to stop by, and please, leave a comment behind - your words mean a lot to me out here.

Hugs
Jay

8 comments:

  1. Nice one boet! Digging it... you going all the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jason, We sat at home In Nottingham Road waiting and I think Cive and I were just as nervous for you. We certainly think you are the best and because we know you personlly and have Rocked our pub for us on a numerous accasions, we allowed to think that. The world has not seen what we have seen but they are just going to have to VOTE and SEE. We wait for you here at Notties for when you make you home call during Idols so please just call on us any time. We rooting for you for sure. Heres to you and the next Idol. SA Watch out for this one!!!! Take care Clive and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jason,

    I think you are doing really well under the pressure. So many people on all the forums, etc that really love your work. Very happy people are sitting up and taking note!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jason,

    Best wishes from the Howick High Past Pupils Association (The Rampant Lions Club). We are immensely proud of you and are confident that you will go all the way! You definately have our votes.

    Regards,
    Carol De Matteis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jay, I've known you since you were a pikkie as I was friends of your wonderful folks before you were born. Have met you once and spoken once so if you dont remember me no sweat. Just know you have my votes so kick some 'ass' boy. I know you can cos your Dad taught you. Go big Jay. Even the Capies are rooting for you.
    Fido Hout Bay

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the way Jay!!!

    You gonna rock Idols my friend, like I knew you would....

    With you all the way Jay.

    Justonio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got a whole big thing going here in Howick and all over...Reg-gee phoning all his muso friends across the country to clock you up some votes! Good Luck for the rest of the competition.
    We're with you all the way
    Reg-gee and Debbie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jay! Big up China, never met before but as God works, it turns out you dig trees and are related to B Green and best of all you can sing. Was a big fan of yours from the start with your U2 performance but then gathered you into you non-profit organisation and trees and gardens specifically. Don't know too much about it just yet but very keen to find out and lend a hand!

    All the best with the up and coming stages. Be at peace with that track and crack it out china!

    All the best,

    Simcat!

    ReplyDelete