Thursday, March 26, 2009

AMAFULLTHROTTLE

Time for some good old homegrown! The show is gonna rock! We have just got back from sound check and everyone is sounding GREAT! I just have to say that Jonny Clegg is a living legend! I mean here is a white man who wrote the most amazing tunes, bridging the racial divide, dancing like a black man and at the same time painting awesome historical pictures with his lyrics! In the 80's!!! Full respect!! I hope he comes to the show!Well I am honoured to sing one of his anthems and I hope I give it the justice it deserves. I really do relate to his music and his messages. He has a special ability as a songwriter and performer to evoke raw emotion and to remind us of our ancient culture and heritage that we all share. Let us not forget that we are all Africans, maybe some more than others but none the less, that is what we are! So lets give it HORNS!!AMAFULLTHROTTLE!!!!J

6 comments:

  1. awesome! can't wait. rock on bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully agree Johnny Clegg is a legend. You Rock! Can't wait for Sunday to hear you sing. You are so humble and talented. Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you certainly gave him the tribute he deserves on stage on Friday night. well done - AGAIN J - you are the very best!!!! Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds - I was so proud to be there and see you perform!!!! Thanks Jason, G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done jayo, you were awesome, sad to see fellow maritzburgian go tonight but hey we know you will fly the PMB flag high and just like gareth said " you will win this thing" good luck mate.

    CH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loves Johnny Clegg and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Johnny Clegg is my idol and you had me in tears with the goose bumps to go along! Well done, you are going to win this! You are a legend already! Kick ass!!! Angi (one of your many fans!!)

    ReplyDelete