Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So you all know what songs we're doing... But do you know why we are doing these songs? I will explain...Once a week a secret is shared, the theme for the next show. This can be exciting as well as daunting. This week is Diva's and Crooner's. What is a crooner? What is a Diva? I have heard many different answers and I am sure I will hear many more.All I know is that Frank was a crooner. So that means that we must choose songs of that genre, big band, swingey tunes with smooth melodies and velvet voices sung buy classy men dressed like lawyers, who enjoy smiling, smoking stogies and sucking on scotch.Have I ever done any of these things? No.. Ok I've smoked cigars and sucked scotch but thats about it! The whole suit, singing swing is totally knew for me! Its not really my cup of tea, but to tell you the truth there is a reason why Frank is a legend and Michael Buble' is stinking rich! It rocks! Its such a different style and one that has its roots buried deep in so many genres. If fact some of our favourite songs come from this era, and one must admit that those guys were in a class of their own.So I urge you to put yourselves in our shoes, become a "Pop Idol" just for a moment and take this theme on as your own personal adventure. Become Frank Sinatra for 2 minutes, sing like Celine. This is what we have to achieve without losing ourselves. Enjoy the song and the show. I promise it will be out of this world!

1 comment:

  1. And it was out of this world! Thanks for making it special - yet again! G

    ReplyDelete