Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Howzit
Well first thing this morning we were hauled out of our warm beds and thrown in our Idol buses and driven to Truworths. This I have to say is a really awesome experience not only because we get to select our outfits for the upcoming show but we get to experience a little "real life", which ironically happens to be in Sandton City! The most unrealistic place I could possibly think of! Anyway Mug n Bean RULE! Who would I be without that coffee which I really enjoy with their over sized bran muffin and I happen to savour the value for money thing, which is something one rarely gets to experience these days!
So there I was in the bus, heading towards Sandton. It was at this moment that I looked out the window and began watching the traffic. At first I just saw cars, then I started looking at each car. There are so many cars! Where do they come from! I mean if you think about the amount of complex materials used to just make one car!
At this point I suddenly had a huge amount of respect for the human race and their ingenuity. I looked at the robots and the road ways and the buildings and businesses whilst listening to Gareth Cliff on the radio which was in our car. Unbelievable! We are amazing!
But then I pretended to be a bushman. Thats right a bushman! I imagined what it would be like to be a bushman and walking into JHB. I then saw it all as it really is... Madness! We live our lives everyday, "working" for "money", sitting in traffic, wishing we were somewhere else. Living our one and only life, in a car, in an office, everyday!
Now please remember, at this point I am a bushman... A man who lives in nature, fending for himself and his family, taking only what he needs, in perfect harmony with all life, the one and only life he has, a true human being.This is what I see..
Then the bus stopped and we were in Sandton, choosing our clothes, drinking coffee, eating muffins...
I wrote a poem some words. You can check it out on the forum, jaycarried away.
Keep it real!J

No comments:

Post a Comment